Columbus State University Print Logo

CSU Archives

CSU Archives

Williams Furniture Company Records (MC 194


Organizational Note


According to the 1955 Columbus, Georgia City Directory, the Williams Furniture Company was then located at 1008 Broadway. At that time it was owned by Frank H and Mrs. Mary H. Williams and C. Leon and Mrs. Marium T. Holman.


Scope and Content

The collection consists of two volumes of business records, found during the renovation of the Rankin Arts Building by Columbus State University.

1939-1955 1 box (1 l.f.)


Permission to Publish

Permission to publish material from the Williams Furniture Company Records must be obtained from the Columbus State University Archives at Columbus State University. Use of the following credit line for publication or exhibit is required:

Williams Furniture Company Records (MC 194)
Columbus State University Archives
Columbus, Georgia


Provenance

Found during construction work to convert the Rankin property to part of the downtown campus of Columbus State University in 2001, and deposited with the Archives.


Box and Item List

Box 1

Item 1 – Accounts receivable, 1939-1941

Item 2 – Collections, 1949-1955