Columbus State University Print Logo

CSU Archives

CSU Archives

School of the Americas Collection (MC 254)


Organizational Note

The U.S. Army military training institution, located in Fort Benning, Georgia, was known as the School of the Americas (SOA) from its founding in 1946 until 2000 when its name was changed to the Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation, abbreviated as WHISC or WHINSEC . It focuses on training officers from Latin American countries. Since its creation, some 60,000 Latin American military officers have graduated from the school.

Scope and Content

This material consists of course catalogs, training manuals, arcticles, and photographs.

1993-2001 1 box (.3 l.f.)


Permission to Publish

Permission to publish material from the School of the Americas Collection must be obtained from the Columbus State University Archives at Columbus State University. Use of the following credit line for publication or exhibit is required:

School of the Americas Collection (MC 254)
Columbus State University Archives
Columbus, Georgia


Provenance

Unknown.


Box and Folder List

Box 1

Folder 1 – Adelante, school booklet, 1993

Folder 2 – Student Catalog, 1994 (in Spanish)

Folder 3 – Course Catalog, 1996

Folder 4 – U.S. Military Training for Latin American Training Booklet, 1996

Folder 5 – National Training Center Trends Analysis, January 1997

Folder 6 – Student Catalog, 1997

Folder 7 – Articles about the School of the Americas, 1997-1999

Folder 8 – Adelante, school booklet, summer 1998

Folder 9 – Special Warfare booklet, summer 1998

Folder 10 – Student packet, 1998

Folder 11 – Dialogo magazine, March 1999

Folder 12 – Adelante, school booklet, 2000

Folder 13 – Course catalog, 2000-2001

Folder 14 – School photographs