Columbus State University Print Logo

CSU Archives

CSU Archives

Muscogee County Medical Society Collection (MC 345)


Organizational Note

"The Muscogee County Medical Society was founded in 1905 in order to create a central location for physicians to meet and discuss community health problems and to promote new therapies. This unity also gave the Society an influential voice in the community that was very much needed" (from their website, http://www.muscogeemedical.org/).

The Muscogee County Medical Society began publishing its monthly Bulletin in 1953. Its purpose was to serve "as a channel of thought and information of local interest."

Scope and Content

This collection consists of the bulletin of the society, a membership directory (1993), and material related to the Auxiliary/Alliance, an affiliate organization.
1956, 2013-2015 2 boxes (.5 lf.)

 

Permission to Publish

Permission to publish material from the Muscogee County Medical Society Collection (MC 345) must be obtained from the Columbus State University Archives at Columbus State University.   Use of the following credit line for publication or exhibit is required:

Muscogee County Medical Society Collection (MC 345)
Columbus State University Archives
Columbus, Georgia


Box List

Box 1

Folder 1 - Bulletin, Volume 3, no. 1-12 (1956; bound)
Folder 2 - Bulletin, Volume 58, no. 3-11 (2013)
Folder 3 - Bulletin, Volume 59, no. 2-5, 8, 11 (2014)
Folder 4 - Bulletin, Volume 60, no. 6, 10-12 (2015)
Folder 5 - Bulletin, Volume 61, no. 1, 3-5 (2016)
Folder 6 - Muscogee County Medical Society Membership Directory (1993)
Folder 7 - Auxiliary pamphlets, 1990-1994, and Alliance pamphlets, 1995-1998

Box 2

Item 1 – Scrapbook, Auxiliary to the Muscogee County Medical Society (1979-1980)