Columbus State University Print Logo

CSU Archives

CSU Archives

Brown Cotton Gin Co. Collection (SMC 12)


Organizational Note

Brown Cotton Gin of New London, Connecticut was founded in Columbus, Georgia in 1843 under the name of E. T. Taylor & Co and later renamed the Clemons, Brown & Co. In 1858 they moved to Connecticut and changed their name to the Brown Cotton Gin Co.


Scope and Content

This is a 64 page promotional brochure describing their machinery and containing many testimonials. There are also two complete photocopies of the booklet in the folder.

1 item 1882


Permission to Publish

Permission to publish material from the Brown Cotton Gin Co. Promotional Brochure Collection must be obtained from the Columbus State University Archives at Columbus State University. Use of the following credit line for publication or exhibit is required:

Brown Cotton Gin Co. Promotional Brochure Collection (SMC 12)
Columbus State University Archives
Columbus, Georgia


Provenance

Purchased by the Schwob Library in 1990.