Columbus State University Print Logo

CSU Archives

CSU Archives

Blue Star Newspaper of Baker High School, Mar. 7, 1947 (SMC 156)

Organizational Note

Baker High School in Columbus, Georgia was built in 1943, with the first class graduating in 1945.  The influx of soldiers and their families to Fort Benning facilitated the need for a high school on the south side of the city.  The school served as a high school with the last class graduating in 1991.  It served as a middle school until it was abandoned and torn down.  An historic marker was placed there in 2013.

Scope and Content

This small collection consists of one copy of the student newspaper, Blue Star, from Baker Village High School, March 7, 1947.

Permission to Publish

Permission to publish material from the Blue Star Newspaper of Baker High School, Mar. 7, 1947 must be obtained from the Columbus State University Archives at Columbus State University.  Use of the following credit line for publication or exhibit is required:

Blue Star Newspaper of Baker High School , Mar. 7, 1947 (SMC 156)
Columbus State University Archives
Columbus, Georgia

Provenance

Unknown

Note to Researchers

See also Vertical Files – Schools; Baker High School