Historic Places and Structures Vertical Files
Files are kept in the closed stacks area of the CSU Archives. Access to these materials are provided through the archives reference desk in room 329 of the Simon Schwob Memorial Library, where patrons may request items from the archives reference desk personnel. All materials must remain in the reading room. For more information, contact the archival staff.
Topics with vertical files:
- Adams Farmhouse, Weems Rd.
- Allen Temple AME Church, 1501 12th Ave., Phenix City
- Alma Thomas House, 21st St.
- Bagley House, 1st Ave. and 6th St. (formerly 744 Front Avenue)
- Bayard Home, 612 Broadway
- Belmont Plantation, North of 29th St.
- Bibb City
- Bibb Mill, Bibb City
- Black Heritage Trail
- Blackmar-Ellis Home, 1336 3rd Ave.
- Board of Historic and Architectural Review
- Bradley Theatre, 1251 Broadway
- Broad Street Methodist Episcopal Church South, 1323-1325 Broadway
- Bullard-Hart House, 1408 3rd Ave.
- Carnegie Library, 1423 Broadway
- The Cedars, 2039 13th St.
- Chase Conservatory, 3rd Ave. and 10th St.
- City Mills, 1 18th St.
- Clapp Factory (cemetery)
- Columbus High School, 318 11th St.
- Columbus Historical Society (missing)
- Country Club Of Columbus
- Courthouse/Government Center
- Crawford House
- CSS Chattahoochee and CSS Muscogee
- Dinglewood, 1543 2nd Ave.
- Dismukes-Jarrell House, 1617 Summit Dr.
- Downing House
- Drane-Stevens House, Church Street, Buena Vista
- Welcome Parks Duke Log House, Hamilton, Georgia
- The Elms, 1846 Buena Vista Rd.
- Empire Building, 21 12th St.
- Esquiline, Ft. Benning
- Feimster Mansion, 1430 Wynnton Rd.
- Fire and Police Station
- Fire Tower
- First National Bank (aka Iron Bank, Georgia Home Building), 1048 Broadway
- Florence Marina State Park
- The Folly, 527 1st Ave.
- Fontaine House
- Fort Benning Cemeteries
- Fourteenth Street Bridge
- Franklin D. Roosevelt State Park
- Garrett-Bullock-Delay House, 1402 2nd Ave.
- Gingerbread Acres, Seale Alabama
- Goetchius House, 405 Broadway
- Gordonido, 1420 Wynnton Rd.
- Grand Theater
- Harris County Courthouse, Hamilton, GA
- Hatcher Memorial, 1425 3rd Ave.
- Heritage Corner, Broadway and 7th St.
- Highland Hall, 1504 17th St.
- Hilton, 2505 Macon Rd.
- Historic Chattahoochee Commission
- Historic Columbus Foundation
- Historic Districts
- Historic District Park, 7th St. and Front Ave.
- Historic District Preservation Society
- Historic Homes
- Historic Markers
- Historic Preservation
- Historic Structures
- Illges House, 1428 2nd Ave.
- Crawford Jenkins Home, 209 13th St.
- Jordan Mills
- Joseph House, 828 Broadway
- Kyle-Profumo House, 805, 1st Ave.
- Langdon House, 716 Broadway
- Liberty Theatre, 823 8th Avenue
- Lindsay Cemetery
- Linwood Cemetery
- The Lion House, 1316 3rd Ave.
- "Ma" Rainey House, 805 5th Ave.
- McGhee-Woodall-Nilan House, 1543 2nd Ave.
- Memorial Stadium, South Commons
- Merchants and Mechanics Bank
- Midway Baptist Church, Harris County
- Mott House, TSYS Campus
- Mountain Hill School, Harris County
- Moye-Singer Mounds, Stewart County
- Municipal Auditorium, Columbus Fairgrounds
- Muscogee Mills, 14th St. and Broadway
- National Register of Historic Places
- One Arsenal Place, 901 Front Street
- Ownsley House
- Parade of Homes
- Pasaquan, Marion County
- Pasaquan Preservation Society
- Pease House
- John Pemberton Home, 1017, 3rd Ave.
- Post Office
- Porterdale Cemetery, 320 10th Ave.
- Providence Canyon State Park
- Racine Hotel (formerly Perry House)
- Ralston Hotel, 201 12th St.
- Rankin Hotel, 1002-1008 Broadway
- Rankin Mansion, 1440 2nd Ave.
- Redd House
- Ridgewood, Upatoi, Georgia
- Riverdale Cemetery, 1001 Victory Drive
- Riverside, Ft. Benning
- Rose Hill Area Homes
- Rothschild-Pound House, 201 7th St.
- St. Elmo (Eldorado), 2810 St. Elmo Dr.
- St. Elmo School, 2101 18th Ave.
- Salem-Shotwell Covered Bridge, Lee County
- Schley-Peabody-Swift Warner House, 1445 2nd Ave.
- Shannon Hosiery Mill
- Sherwood Hall
- Shorter House
- Smith-McCullers House, 1519 Stark Ave.
- Southern Railway Freight Depot, 1300 6th Ave.
- Springer Opera House, 1022 1st Ave.
- Standing Boy Creek State Park
- Sunnyside School, Harris County
- Swift-Kyle House, 303 12th St.
- Tolbert House
- Union Train Station, 6th Ave.
- U.S. Post Office and Courthouse, 120, 12th St
- Villa Reich, between 5th & 6th Sts. and Front Ave.
- Waverly Terrace
- Westville, Lumpkin, GA
- White Bank
- Wildwood Park
- Woodruff House, 1402 2nd Ave.
- Woolfolk House, 1615 12th St.
- Wynnton, 1240 Wynnton Rd.
- Wynnton Barber Shop
- Wynnton Neighborhood
- Youngblood,"Yuchi Town" Historic Site, Ft. Benning Shay