Columbus State University Print Logo

CSU Archives

CSU Archives

Bradley Memorial Library Collection II (MC 122)


Organizational Note

The W.C. Bradley Memorial Library was located at 1120 Bradley Drive in Columbus, Georgia. It was built on the grounds of the Bradley estate and opened in 1950. In 2005 it was replaced by the Columbus Public Library on Macon Road.


Scope and Content

The collection consists of publications, books, scrapbooks, high school yearbooks, garden club materials, city and county records, soil surveys, U.S. government documents, newspapers and education records.

1838-1962 2 boxes (2 l.f.)


Permission to Publish

Permission to publish material from the Bradley Memorial Library Collection II must be obtained from the Columbus State University Archives at Columbus State University. Use of the following credit line for publication or exhibit is required:

Bradley Memorial Library Collection II (MC 122)
Columbus State University Archives
Columbus, Georgia


Provenance

These materials were transferred to the CSU Archives from the Genealogical Research Room of the W.C. Bradley Memorial Library in 1999.


Note to Researchers

See also:

Bradley Memorial Library Collection I


Box and Folder List

Box 1

Folder 1 – Scrapbook containing greeting cards and memorabilia, n.d.

Folder 2 – Book entitled A Kiss for a Blow

Folder 3 – Book, Dairy of a Physician Vol. II, 1838

Folder 4 – Columbus Number Industrial Index, vol. XIII, May 29, 1929

Folder 5 – William, Synopsis of the Contents of The British Museum, 1850

Folder 6 – Scrapbook containing miscellaneous baseball newspaper clippings pertaining to Hardin Herndon, 1912-1925

Folder 7 – Scrapbook of Mrs. Lila Wellington Methvin, Orpheus Club Member, Soprano Lecture Recitalist, teacher of voice and piano and piano

Folder 8 – The Cohiscan (Columbus High School yearbook), 1922

Folder 9 – Charter Garden Club, yearbook, 1928-1944

Folder 10 – Charter Garden Club, yearbook, 1944-1962


Box 2

Folder 1 – Columbus [Georgia] City Charter Amended, 1921

Folder 2 – Soil Survey of Laurens County, Georgia, 1915

Folder 3 – Soil Survey of Jackson County, Georgia, 1914

Folder 4 – Soil Survey of Colquitt County, Georgia, 1914

Folder 5 – Soil Survey of Dekalb County, Georgia, 1914

Folder 6 – U.S. Department of Agriculture. Bulletin no. 648 May 1, 1918

Folder 7 – Cotton Manufacturers' Association of Georgia. 39th annual meeting. Report, 1939

Folder 8 – Early English Document, gift of F.W. Dau, N.Y. in envelope marked unsolicited

Folder 9 – Brown scrapbook, news clippings on Orpheus Club and recital, and various local Church announcements, 1925-1937

Folder 10 – Facts about The Southern Banker and Its Economic Empire

Folder 11 – Envelope containing, Harris Giddens metal on wood etching of a town

Folder 12 – Bainbridge, Decatur County, Georgia

Folder 13 - Columbus Centennial Edition, 1828-1928 and Columbus Centennial Edition, 2 vols. 1928

Folder 14 – Mid-century Panorama of Progress, The Ledger-Enquirer Newspapers 1900-1950

Folder 15 – United Daughters of the Confederacy, Cusseta, Georgia, calendars, 1931, 1937, 1938

Folder 16 - Big scrapbook, House and Garden Club, 1937-1938

Unfolder items - At the back of the box are several dozen student attendance sheets and teachers' contracts from Chattahoochee County, Georgia from the 1890s