Columbus State University Print Logo

CSU Archives

CSU Archives

Lummus Cotton Gin Company Records (MC 198)


Organizational Note


The Lummus Cotton Gin Company was located in Columbus, Georgia. It later became Lummus Industries, and closed in 1998. During the time covered by this collection, the owners were Harold Campbell Lummus and his son, Harold Campbell Lummus, Jr.


Scope and Content

This collection consists of one box of materials from the Lummus Company, mostly plans and blueprints, as well as information on their credit union.

1930s-1950s


Permission to Publish

Permission to publish material from the Lummus Company Recordsmust be obtained from the Columbus State University Archives at Columbus State University. Use of the following credit line for publication or exhibit is required:

Lummus Company Records (MC 198)
Columbus State University Archives
Columbus, Georgia


Provenance

Unknown

Box and Folder/Item List


Box 1


Folder 1 – Estimates of Shellman Gin Company, Shellman, Georgia, 1956

Folder 2 – W.S. Telescope Dormer Extenstion, R.F.Jenkins Jr., February, 1946

Folder 3 – Lummus employees Federal Credit Union list of members, December, 1965

Folder 4 – Reducer/transition blueprints (small)

Blueprints

1 -- Screened ventilator

2 – Two proposed closets with sliding doors

3 – Unidentified house plans

4 – Muscogee County Proposed Tuberculosis Hospital for Dr. Thrash (3 sheets), August, 1937

5 – Gin with 3 elevations, no date

6 – Adjustable tool for cleaning gutters assembly, R.F. Johnson, owner (drawn by W. T. F.), 1955

7 – Gunter Insurance agency Office and Barber Shop Phenix City, AL (3 drawings by W. T. F., September, 1944