Columbus State University Print Logo

CSU Archives

CSU Archives

Union Railway Station Collection (MC 61)


Scope and Content

Union Station in Columbus, Georgia was built in 1901 by the Central of Georgia Railroad.  Seaboard Airline Railroad and the Southern Railroad Companies leased the station.  The name Union derives from the tri-lateral use of the station by the above named railroads.  The collection includes transcripts of six investigations of alleged railway employee errors or misconduct held in the Office of the Train Master, Columbus Division of the Central of Georgia Railway in 1963; and other railroad labor related materials.

19654-1980 1 box (.3 l.f.)


Permission to Publish

Permission to publish material from the Union Railway Station Collection must be obtained from the Columbus State University Archives at Columbus State University.  Use of the following credit line for publication or exhibit is required:

Union Railway Station Collection (MC 61)
Columbus State University Archives
Columbus, Georgia


Provenance

Donated by John Lassiter in 1988.


Box and Folder List

Box 1

Folder 1 – Supplemental Payment Claim for Steven Woodard Liggett, 1 page.

Folder 2 -- Southern Railway System Operating Rules Study Guide Maintenance of Way and Communications and Signal Department Supervisors and Employees, 33 pages, 1980

Folder 3 – Agreement between the Central of Georgia Railway Company and employees herein enumerated in the Communications Department as represented by International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, System Federation no. 26, Railway Employees' Department of the American Federation of Labor Effective March 1, 1954; 17 pages.

Folder 4 – Transcript of investigation, 13 pages, Jan. 16, 1963

Folder 5 – Transcript of investigation, 11 pages, Jan. 17, 1963

Folder 6 – Transcript of investigation, 71 pages, March 4, 1963

Folder 7 – Transcript of investigation, 14 pages, May 6, 1963

Folder 8 – Transcript of investigation, 45 pages, May 31, 1963

Folder 9 – Transcript of investigation, 11 pages, June 4, 1963